Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. First Niagara Financial Group ( FNFG) pushed the Banking industry lower today making it today's featured Banking laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, First Niagara Financial Group fell $0.57 (-5.3%) to $10.22 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 15,708,252 shares of First Niagara Financial Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,148,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $10.20-$10.72 after having opened the day at $10.70 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $10.79. Other companies within the Banking industry that declined today were: Credit Suisse ( DGAZ), down 12.5%, VelocityShares 3x Long Silver ETN linked to ( USLV), down 9.8%, VelocityShares 3x Long Gold ETN linked to t ( UGLD), down 7.3% and First Bank Williamstown NJ ( FRBA), down 6.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full First Niagara Financial Group Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.