Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Hewlett-Packard ( HPQ) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Hewlett-Packard rose $0.53 (1.9%) to $28.04 on average volume. Throughout the day, 15,837,087 shares of Hewlett-Packard exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 16,282,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $27.51-$28.23 after having opened the day at $27.56 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $27.51. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: InfoSonics Corporation ( IFON), up 52.0%, NII Holdings ( NIHD), up 22.7%, Violin Memory ( VMEM), up 14.3% and IAC/InterActiveCorp ( IACI), up 14.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Hewlett-Packard Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.