Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. CarMax ( KMX) pushed the Specialty Retail industry higher today making it today's featured specialty retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, CarMax rose $0.53 (1.0%) to $53.05 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,627,463 shares of CarMax exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,269,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $52.21-$53.08 after having opened the day at $52.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.52. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that increased today were: Perfumania Holdings ( PERF), up 6.0%, Birks Group ( BGI), up 5.6%, Sport Chalet ( SPCHA), up 5.1% and Dover Saddlery ( DOVR), up 4.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full CarMax Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.