Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Allergan ( AGN) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Allergan rose $2.63 (2.6%) to $103.76 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5,668,859 shares of Allergan exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,031,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $100.46-$106.56 after having opened the day at $100.88 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $101.13. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: Alimera ( ALIM), up 62.8%, pSivida ( PSDV), up 35.0%, Oxygen Biotherapeutics ( OXBT), up 18.5% and American Shared Hospital Services ( AMS), up 12.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Allergan Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.