Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. First Solar ( FSLR) pushed the Electronics industry higher today making it today's featured electronics winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, First Solar rose $1.34 (2.4%) to $56.76 on light volume. Throughout the day, 3,285,543 shares of First Solar exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,348,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $54.70-$57.37 after having opened the day at $55.05 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $55.42. Other companies within the Electronics industry that increased today were: Luna Innovations ( LUNA), up 9.8%, SolarCity ( SCTY), up 7.8%, Daqo New Energy ( DQ), up 6.7% and Eltek ( ELTK), up 6.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full First Solar Ratings Report.
- Use our electronics section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.