Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Monster Beverage ( MNST) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Monster Beverage rose $1.08 (1.7%) to $66.24 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,867,644 shares of Monster Beverage exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,474,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $64.63-$66.55 after having opened the day at $65.41 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $65.16. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide ( QTWW), up 7.7%, Callaway Golf Company ( ELY), up 7.2%, Castle Brands Incorporated ( ROX), up 6.5% and Entertainment Gaming Asia ( EGT), up 5.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Monster Beverage Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.