Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. EOG Resources ( EOG) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, EOG Resources rose $3.33 (2.1%) to $165.33 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,511,994 shares of EOG Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,876,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $161.18-$165.91 after having opened the day at $161.67 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $162.00. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Ivanhoe Energy ( IVAN), up 18.8%, AK Steel Holding Corporation ( AKS), up 15.5%, USEC ( USU), up 15.4% and Rocket Fuel ( FUEL), up 13.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full EOG Resources Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.