- O has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $99.7 million.
- O has traded 1.2 million shares today.
- O traded in a range 245.7% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.56.
- O traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 5 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 5 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in O with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for O NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on O: Realty Income Corporation is a publicly traded real estate investment trust. It invests in the real estate markets of the United States. The firm makes investments in commercial real estate. Realty Income Corporation was founded in 1969 and is based in Escondido, California. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 5.6%. O has a PE ratio of 47.0. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Realty Income Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Realty Income Corporation has been 2.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Realty Income has a market cap of $8.0 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.59 and a short float of 12.4% with 8.40 days to cover. Shares are down 1.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Realty Income Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- O's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 9.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 70.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average. The net income increased by 37.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $37.46 million to $51.57 million.
- REALTY INCOME CORP has improved earnings per share by 5.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, REALTY INCOME CORP reported lower earnings of $0.75 versus $0.96 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.22 versus $0.75).
- O has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 7.86% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, REALTY INCOME CORP underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Realty Income Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.