Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) announced today it has launched a campaign to help people understand changes in health care coverage prompted by the Affordable Care Act (ACA), including the state and federal health exchanges. The “Humana Helps” campaign reflects new – and ongoing – initiatives designed to ensure that anyone (Humana members and non-members alike) who has questions about health reform gets the answers they need. As part of the campaign, the company launched HumanaHelps.com, where consumers can find information and tools that will help them navigate reform, including the ACA’s new exchanges. Americans have until Monday, Dec. 23, to enroll in a health plan through the exchanges for coverage to take effect on Jan. 1, 2014. HumanaHelps.com includes “ Easy Price,” an easy-to-use online estimating tool that calculates relevant rates in a person’s area – whether from Humana or another health care company – to help them more easily calculate, and compare, plans so they can make the best choice for their health coverage needs. Individuals can also explore available government subsidies to see if they qualify. “Humana wants to do what we can to help people understand their health care options,” said Jody Bilney, Humana’s Chief Consumer Officer. “With Humana Helps, we’re giving people the tools and information they need to make informed decisions about the future of their health care. Humana is devoted to clearing up any confusion consumers may have via our new website ( www.humanahelps.com), our 24/7 call center and in-person seminars.” The company also published a full-page “Letter to America” in major newspapers this week from Humana President and Chief Executive Officer Bruce Broussard. The letter, and a related YouTube video, describe the elements of Humana Helps and invite consumers to contact Humana if they have questions. The Humana Helps campaign focuses on new initiatives as well as ongoing ones. Highlights include:
- In addition to the Easy Price tool, Humana call center hours will now be open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, until Dec. 23, to answer all Americans’ questions relating to health care reform. To speak by phone with a Humana representative, call 1-800-222-1679.
- Trained Humana health care experts will be in hundreds of retail stores nationwide. Additionally, educational seminars are being held at select YMCA locations around the country. Individuals can visit HumanaHelps.com to find an event near them.
- Humana Helps will also feature a weekly video series dedicated to answering questions from consumers by Humana experts.
About HumanaHumana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Ky., is a leading health care company that offers a wide range of insurance products and health and wellness services that incorporate an integrated approach to lifelong well-being. By leveraging the strengths of its core businesses, Humana believes it can better explore opportunities for existing and emerging adjacencies in health care that can further enhance wellness opportunities for the millions of people across the nation with whom the company has relationships. More information regarding Humana is available to investors via the Investor Relations page of the company’s web site at www.humana.com, including copies of:
- Annual reports to stockholders;
- Securities and Exchange Commission filings;
- Most recent investor conference presentations;
- Quarterly earnings news releases;
- Replays of most recent earnings release conference calls;
- Calendar of events (including upcoming earnings conference call dates and times, as well as planned interaction with research analysts and institutional investors);
- Corporate Governance information.