Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Crown Castle International ( CCI) as a "storm the castle" (crossing above the 200-day simple moving average on higher than normal relative volume) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Crown Castle International as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CCI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $188.8 million.
- CCI has traded 125,593 shares today.
- CCI is trading at 5.14 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- CCI crossed above its 200-day simple moving average.
'Storm the Castle' stocks are worth watching because trading stocks that begin to experience a breakout can lead to potentially massive profits. Once psychological and technical resistance barriers like the 200-day moving average are breached on higher than normal relative volume, the stock is then free to find new buyers and momentum traders who can ultimately push the stock significantly higher. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize on. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CCI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CCI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CCI: Crown Castle International Corp., together with is subsidiaries, owns, operates, and leases shared wireless infrastructure primarily in the United States, Puerto Rico, and Australia. CCI has a PE ratio of 223.8. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Crown Castle International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Crown Castle International has been 2.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Crown Castle International has a market cap of $23.9 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. The stock has a beta of 0.32 and a short float of 2.4% with 2.45 days to cover. Shares are down 0.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Crown Castle International as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk, disappointing return on equity and premium valuation. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 20.5%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $278.84 million or 39.33% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 24.82%.
- CROWN CASTLE INTL CORP has improved earnings per share by 14.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CROWN CASTLE INTL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.64 versus $0.52 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 14.1% in earnings ($0.55 versus $0.64).
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Wireless Telecommunication Services industry and the overall market, CROWN CASTLE INTL CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Crown Castle International Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.