- Solid-state solutions to enhance data center performance (includes: Lightning® and Optimus® SAS Enterprise SSDs, CloudSpeed SATA Enterprise SSDs, Lightning® PCIe Enterprise Solid State Accelerators, and FlashSoft® server acceleration software from SanDisk);
- Client SSDs to boost PC and notebook speed, responsiveness and boot-up times (includes SanDisk® X210 SSD and the SanDisk® X110 SSD in a variety of form factors); and
- SanDisk embedded flash storage solutions for commercial use in technology products from a wide range of industries, from automotive to manufacturing to communications.
- Targeted customer marketing to help identify sales opportunities.
- The creation of design kits and participation in evaluation programs to help customers develop solutions using SanDisk technology.
“Our customers are looking to increase the performance and efficiency of their data centers while managing costs,” said Mike Thompson, president and chief operating officer, Groupware Technology. “Avnet’s new global relationship with SanDisk opens the door to new opportunities and helps us create exceptional solutions that meet our customers’ needs.”About SanDisk SanDisk Corporation (NASDAQ: SNDK), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company, is a global leader in flash storage solutions. For more than 25 years, SanDisk has expanded the possibilities of storage, providing trusted and innovative products that have transformed the electronics industry. Today, SanDisk’s quality, state-of-the-art solutions are at the heart of many of the world's largest data centers, and embedded in advanced smart phones, tablets and PCs. SanDisk’s consumer products are available at hundreds of thousands of retail stores worldwide. For more information, visit www.sandisk.com. About Avnet Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), a Fortune 500 company, is one of the largest distributors of electronic components, computer products and embedded technology serving customers globally. Avnet accelerates its partners' success by connecting the world's leading technology suppliers with a broad base of customers by providing cost-effective, value-added services and solutions. For the fiscal year ended June 29, 2013, Avnet generated revenue of $25.5 billion. For more information, visit www.avnet.com. About Avnet Technology Solutions As a global IT solutions distributor, Avnet Technology Solutions collaborates with its customers and suppliers to create and deliver services, software and hardware solutions that address the business needs of their end-user customers locally and around the world. The group serves customers and suppliers in North America, Latin America and Caribbean, Asia Pacific, and Europe, Middle East and Africa. It generated US $10.36 billion in annual revenue for fiscal year 2013. Avnet Technology Solutions is an operating group of Avnet, Inc. For more information, visit http://www.ats.avnet.com. About Avnet Electronics Marketing Avnet Electronics Marketing is an operating group of Phoenix-based Avnet, Inc. that serves electronic original equipment manufacturers (EOEMs) and electronic manufacturing services (EMS) providers in more than 80 countries, distributing electronic components and embedded systems from leading manufacturers and providing associated design-chain, supply-chain and value-added integration services. The group's website is located at www.em.avnet.com. Avnet Social Media
- Follow Avnet Technology Solutions on Twitter: @AvnetTSGlobal.
- Regional content for North America can be found on Twitter @AvnetAdvantage and @AvnetTSChannels and for EMEA @Avnet_TS_EMEA.
- Check out Avnet’s blogs at http://blogging.avnet.com/
- Connect with Avnet on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AvnetAdvantage
- Join Avnet’s LinkedIn community at www.linkedin.com/company/2571
© 2013 SanDisk Corporation. All rights reserved. SanDisk is a trademark of SanDisk Corporation, registered in the United States and other countries. Lightning, Optimus and FlashSoft are U.S. registered trademarks of SanDisk Enterprise IP LLC. Cloudspeed is a trademark of SanDisk Enterprise IP LLC.This news release contains certain forward-looking statements, including expectations for markets and customers that are based on our current expectations and involve numerous risks and uncertainties that may cause these forward-looking statements to be inaccurate. Risks that may cause these forward-looking statements to be inaccurate include among others: the market demand for our products may grow more slowly than our expectations or our products may not be available in the capacities that we expect or perform as expected, or the other risks detailed from time-to-time in our Securities and Exchange Commission filings and reports, including, but not limited to, our most recent quarterly report on Form 10-Q and our annual report on Form 10-K. We do not intend to update the information contained in this news release.