United Health Products, Inc. ( OTCQB:UEEC) announced that its Australian distributor, Critical Health Products Ltd., has placed an initial order for HemoStyp® gauze products. The order was placed following Critical Health Products’ notification that HemoStyp has been granted TGA (Therapeutic Goods Administration) approval. The TGA is a Commonwealth Government agency that regulates medical devices and drugs in Australia. This initial stocking order will be followed by quarterly product orders in 2014, each expected to exceed $250,000 as Critical Health Products launches its sales campaign. Ian French, President of Critical Health Products, stated, “Our initial focus will be in Western Australia, targeting first responders, surgery centers and medical communities. Our distributor, Westcoast Surgical and Medical Supplies (a subsidiary of the international distribution network SUDA Pty Ltd. http://www.sudaltd.com.au/index.php/west-coast-surgical-a-u) has existing supply contracts in multiple markets, including:
- Public and private hospitals, aged care, defense, police and emergency services, state and federal government agencies including jails and detention centers, chemist and dental outlets and veterinary.”
- The company will subsequently tap into its management’s extensive experience and relationships with the Australian Armed Forces.
- Critical Health Products intends to work with these parties and groups in similar business segments in each of its licensed geographic areas (Australia, Oceania, and South East Asia).
- HemoStyp stops bleeding faster than ordinary gauze and is a more effective alternative;
- Unlike the other products in the wound care market, HemoStyp contains no potentially harmful chemicals or animal byproducts and is hypoallergenic;
- Once it has completed its task, HemoStyp gauze is easily removed by dissolving it in water or saline solution. This method of removal neither disturbs the clotted surface nor encourages re-bleeding.