- Total sales increased 10% compared to the prior year with core sales growth of 5% (total sales excluding the impact of acquisitions, divestitures and foreign exchange rates), acquisitions contributing 6% and unfavorable foreign exchange rate changes of 1%.
- Diluted earnings per share from continuing operations (“EPS”) were $0.44, a 7% increase compared to the prior year.
- Strong cash flow from operations of $33 million, up from $12 million in the comparable prior year period.
- Repurchased 0.4 million shares of common stock for $15 million in the quarter.
- Introduced second quarter EPS guidance in the range of $0.29-0.33 per share.
- Completed the previously announced sale of the Electrical segment for $258 million in gross proceeds on December 13, 2013.
Actuant Corporation (NYSE: ATU) today announced results for its first quarter ended November 30, 2013. Highlights