- CIEN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $137.4 million.
- CIEN is up 2.2% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CIEN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CIEN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CIEN: Ciena Corporation provides communications networking equipment, software, and services that support the transport, switching, aggregation, and management of voice, video, and data traffic worldwide. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Ciena Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Ciena Corporation has been 3.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Ciena has a market cap of $2.2 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. The stock has a beta of 2.50 and a short float of 31.4% with 3.06 days to cover. Shares are up 39.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Ciena Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that we feel that the company's cash flow from its operations has been weak overall. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CIEN's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 22.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 25.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 76.92% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 36.86% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- 42.87% is the gross profit margin for CIENA CORP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of CIEN's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CIEN's net profit margin of -1.67% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $3.55 million or 66.46% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Ciena Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.