Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. VeriFone Systems ( PAY) pushed the Consumer Durables industry lower today making it today's featured Consumer Durables laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.0%. By the end of trading, VeriFone Systems fell $1.80 (-7.2%) to $23.20 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 9,184,620 shares of VeriFone Systems exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,463,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $22.60-$23.87 after having opened the day at $23.83 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $25.00. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that declined today were: Elecsys Corporation ( ESYS), down 6.6%, Kewaunee Scientific ( KEQU), down 3.9%, Emerson Radio ( MSN), down 3.2% and iRobot Corporation ( IRBT), down 2.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full VeriFone Systems Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.