Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Albemarle ( ALB) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Albemarle fell $4.96 (-7.2%) to $63.81 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,347,741 shares of Albemarle exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 583,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $63.63-$66.33 after having opened the day at $66.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $68.77. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: American Vanguard Corporation ( AVD), down 9.4%, Ikonics Corporation ( IKNX), down 7.9%, Terra Nitrogen Company L.P ( TNH), down 4.1% and Gulf Resources ( GURE), down 2.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Albemarle Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.