Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Ensco ( ESV) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Ensco fell $1.95 (-3.4%) to $56.07 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 6,686,289 shares of Ensco exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,124,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $55.42-$57.71 after having opened the day at $57.66 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $58.02. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: American Vanguard Corporation ( AVD), down 9.4%, Ikonics Corporation ( IKNX), down 7.9%, Exeter Resource Corporation ( XRA), down 7.3% and Albemarle ( ALB), down 7.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Ensco Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.