Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Union Pacific ( UNP) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Union Pacific rose $2.53 (1.6%) to $163.56 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,309,838 shares of Union Pacific exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,208,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $160.04-$163.63 after having opened the day at $161.60 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $161.03. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: ModusLink Global Solutions ( MLNK), up 13.0%, Sino-Global Shipping America ( SINO), up 9.3%, Genco Shipping & Trading ( GNK), up 8.7% and Danaos Corporation ( DAC), up 7.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Union Pacific Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.