Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Goldman Sachs Group ( GS) pushed the Financial Services industry higher today making it today's featured financial services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Goldman Sachs Group rose $4.35 (2.5%) to $174.84 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,415,890 shares of Goldman Sachs Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,114,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $169.99-$174.92 after having opened the day at $170.91 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $170.49. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that increased today were: Aberdeen Emerging Markets Smaller Company O ( ETF), up 79.9%, Aberdeen Greater China Fund ( GCH), up 71.0%, PowerShares DB Commodity Long ETN ( DPU), up 9.2% and Direxion Daily Russia Bull 3X Shares ( RUSL), up 7.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Goldman Sachs Group Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.