Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Citigroup ( C) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Citigroup rose $1.27 (2.5%) to $51.96 on average volume. Throughout the day, 32,424,966 shares of Citigroup exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 22,874,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $50.33-$52.07 after having opened the day at $50.81 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.69. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Aberdeen Emerging Markets Smaller Company O ( ETF), up 79.9%, Aberdeen Greater China Fund ( GCH), up 71.0%, Marlin Business Services ( MRLN), up 10.1% and PowerShares DB Commodity Long ETN ( DPU), up 9.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Citigroup Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.