Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. United Technologies ( UTX) pushed the Aerospace/Defense industry higher today making it today's featured aerospace/defense winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.4%. By the end of trading, United Technologies rose $2.19 (2.0%) to $109.81 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,689,106 shares of United Technologies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,833,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $106.95-$109.85 after having opened the day at $108.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $107.62. Other companies within the Aerospace/Defense industry that increased today were: Astrotech Corporation ( ASTC), up 12.7%, Spirit AeroSystems Holdings ( SPR), up 5.0%, Taser International ( TASR), up 3.0% and Heico Corporation ( HEI), up 2.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full United Technologies Ratings Report.
- Use our aerospace/defense section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.