Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Rockwell Medical ( RMTI) as a "dead cat bounce" (down big yesterday but up big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Rockwell Medical as such a stock due to the following factors:
- RMTI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $17.6 million.
- RMTI has traded 115,433 shares today.
- RMTI is up 3.1% today.
- RMTI was down 19.8% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RMTI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RMTI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on RMTI: Rockwell Medical, Inc. operates as an integrated biopharmaceutical company in the United States and internationally. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Rockwell Medical a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Rockwell Medical has been 1.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Rockwell Medical has a market cap of $538.8 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.51 and a short float of 58.6% with 5.12 days to cover. Shares are up 67.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Rockwell Medical as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and increase in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including poor profit margins, weak operating cash flow and generally higher debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- RMTI's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 60.46% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 83.26% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- ROCKWELL MEDICAL INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ROCKWELL MEDICAL INC reported poor results of -$2.64 versus -$1.20 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$1.58 versus -$2.64).
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 3.28 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Regardless of the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, RMTI has managed to keep a strong quick ratio of 1.96, which demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for ROCKWELL MEDICAL INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 13.62%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -100.87% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Rockwell Medical Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.