Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Valassis Communications ( VCI) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Valassis Communications as such a stock due to the following factors:
- VCI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $13.7 million.
- VCI traded 124,600 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:17 AM, representing 31.2% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VCI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VCI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on VCI: Valassis Communications, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides media solutions primarily in the United States and Europe. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.3%. VCI has a PE ratio of 10.4. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Valassis Communications a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Valassis Communications has been 407,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Valassis has a market cap of $1.1 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 1.21 and a short float of 40.6% with 25.58 days to cover. Shares are up 11% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Valassis Communications as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including poor profit margins, weak operating cash flow and deteriorating net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- VCI, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 3.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 6.6%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for VALASSIS COMMUNICATIONS INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 27.73%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 5.66% trails that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $22.40 million or 45.87% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Valassis Communications Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.