Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Verizon Communications ( VZ) pushed the Telecommunications industry lower today making it today's featured Telecommunications laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Verizon Communications fell $0.70 (-1.4%) to $47.56 on average volume. Throughout the day, 12,361,915 shares of Verizon Communications exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 12,930,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $47.45-$48.07 after having opened the day at $48.07 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $48.26. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that declined today were: xG Technology ( XGTI), down 7.2%, B Communications ( BCOM), down 6.1%, Schawk ( SGK), down 4.5% and IDT Corporation ( IDT), down 4.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Verizon Communications Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.