Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. PetSmart ( PETM) pushed the Specialty Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Specialty Retail laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, PetSmart fell $0.95 (-1.3%) to $71.47 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,432,034 shares of PetSmart exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,145,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $71.22-$72.73 after having opened the day at $72.29 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $72.42. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that declined today were: Sport Chalet ( SPCHB), down 2.9%, Lentuo International ( LAS), down 2.6%, Vitamin Shoppe ( VSI), down 2.3% and Books-A-Million ( BAMM), down 2.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full PetSmart Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.