Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Halliburton Company ( HAL) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Halliburton Company fell $0.79 (-1.6%) to $49.34 on average volume. Throughout the day, 10,973,293 shares of Halliburton Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8,402,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $49.09-$50.46 after having opened the day at $50.32 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.13. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: CGG ( CGG), down 16.2%, Thompson Creek Metals Company ( TC), down 9.8%, DRDGold ( DRD), down 9.7% and Lilis Energy ( LLEX), down 8.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Halliburton Company Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.