Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. American Water Works ( AWK) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, American Water Works rose $0.49 (1.2%) to $41.45 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,120,042 shares of American Water Works exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 769,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $40.82-$41.69 after having opened the day at $40.92 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $40.96. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: Pure Cycle Corporation ( PCYO), up 5.3%, Consolidated Water Company ( CWCO), up 5.0%, Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras ( EBR.B), up 3.0% and Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras ( EBR), up 1.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full American Water Works Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.