Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Perrigo Company ( PRGO) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Perrigo Company rose $2.21 (1.5%) to $153.25 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5,976,658 shares of Perrigo Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,046,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $149.12-$153.25 after having opened the day at $149.59 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $151.04. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: Idenix Pharmaceuticals ( IDIX), up 17.8%, Idera Pharmaceuticals ( IDRA), up 15.1%, Puma Biotechnology ( PBYI), up 12.0% and Karyopharm Therapeutics ( KPTI), up 11.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Perrigo Company Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.