Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Gentex Corporation ( GNTX) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Gentex Corporation rose $1.34 (4.1%) to $33.62 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,929,497 shares of Gentex Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,075,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $32.42-$34.15 after having opened the day at $32.44 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $32.28. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: iRobot Corporation ( IRBT), up 17.3%, Virco Manufacturing Corporation ( VIRC), up 8.0%, American Apparel ( APP), up 7.8% and Standard Register Company ( SR), up 7.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Gentex Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.