Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Whirlpool Corporation ( WHR) pushed the Consumer Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer durables winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Whirlpool Corporation rose $1.59 (1.1%) to $151.53 on average volume. Throughout the day, 848,390 shares of Whirlpool Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,082,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $148.85-$152.08 after having opened the day at $150.62 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $149.94. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that increased today were: iRobot Corporation ( IRBT), up 17.3%, Virco Manufacturing Corporation ( VIRC), up 8.0%, Elecsys Corporation ( ESYS), up 3.7% and Bassett Furniture Industries ( BSET), up 3.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Whirlpool Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.