Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Dow Chemical ( DOW) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Dow Chemical rose $0.60 (1.4%) to $42.20 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 13,834,787 shares of Dow Chemical exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8,258,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $41.58-$42.30 after having opened the day at $41.60 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $41.60. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: Methes Energies International ( MEIL), up 53.8%, Gevo ( GEVO), up 5.3%, Flexible Solutions International ( FSI), up 4.8% and Flotek Industries ( FTK), up 3.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Dow Chemical Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.