Today, GE (NYSE: GE) announced that it is celebrating the start of production of the first new GE Monogram® brand refrigerator product platform since 2001. The new product is part of a $20 million investment in the Selmer, Tenn., Monogram Refrigeration production facility. GE also announced the expansion of its warehousing operations to provide capacity for future growth. The new French door built-in refrigerator, part of the fastest-growing refrigeration configuration today*, is an addition to the other models made at the plant and is the first offering of its kind within the GE Monogram lineup.
About the new French door built-in refrigerator:Craftsmanship Craftsmanship is the hallmark of the Monogram brand. GE’s Industrial Design Operation utilized unique, premium materials to create artisan-style quality. Tempered glass, fabricated steel and anodized aluminum emphasize the authentic luxury within each hand-built unit. Performance elements All styles (Custom-panel, Professional and European) include a variety of additional features:
- Two, 18-inch-wide doors open at the center to reveal 14.49 cubic feet of space for fresh food and the bottom freezer drawer pulls out to reveal 6.06 cubic feet of freezer space.
- Four adjustable fresh-food shelves provide greater storage flexibility.
- Six adjustable door bins, including two gallon-size bins, make room for milk and large containers.
- A full-extension freezer drawer provides easy access to frozen foods.
- An icemaker in the bottom drawer provides a ready supply of clean, fresh-tasting ice using GE’s advanced water filtration system.
- The digital control panel frees up space on the top shelf and provides precise temperature management, maintaining ideal conditions for fresh and frozen foods.
- European Style (ZIPS360NZ): MSRP** $8,599
- Professional Style (ZIPP360NZ): MSRP** $8,799
- Custom panel-trimmed (ZIP360NZ): MSRP** $7,499