Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:HOT) and Caesars Entertainment Corporation (NASDAQ:CZR) have raised the stakes for travelers by announcing a partnership between their award-winning loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest® (SPG®) and Caesars Entertainment’s Total Rewards®. This innovative hospitality alliance marks the first time the travel and entertainment leaders will join forces. By providing SPG and Total Rewards members the ability to both earn and redeem Starpoints and Reward Credits when staying at participating Starwood or Caesars Entertainment hotels, the partnership represents one of the most in-depth shared benefit and point accrual partnerships in the industry. Additionally, Moments by SPG will provide members with unique access to Caesars Entertainment’s world-class culinary outlets, shopping and entertainment experiences. “We know our members enjoy music, sports and culture, but they also want access to entertainment and gaming as only Las Vegas can offer,” said Mark Vondrasek, Senior Vice President, Distribution, Loyalty and Partnerships for Starwood. “Through this new partnership with Caesars Entertainment, we can fuel our members’ passions by creating exclusive opportunities that allow guests to experience the best of Vegas and beyond from world-class restaurants to famous shows, shopping and nightlife.” Members Win with Benefits and Points Beginning Jan. 9, 2014, members who have linked their SPG and Total Rewards accounts will be eligible to earn both Starpoints and Total Rewards Reward Credits for stays at participating hotels and resorts across both networks. In addition, SPG members will be able to redeem Starpoints for stays at participating Caesars Entertainment resorts, and Total Rewards members will be able to redeem Reward Credits for stays at more than 1,100 Starwood properties.
- SPG members can earn two Starpoints/$1 in addition to standard Reward Credits for all stays at participating Caesars Entertainment hotels and up to 10 elite qualifying nights towards SPG status per year. SPG members can also redeem their Starpoints for free nights at Caesars hotels and can access amazing experiences in Las Vegas, Lake Tahoe, Atlantic City and beyond through Moments by SPG at SPG.com/caesars.
- Total Rewards members will gain access to Starwood’s unsurpassed luxury hotel portfolio. Elite Total Rewards members will earn 1 Reward Credit for every eligible dollar spent at Starwood in addition to standard Starpoints earning and a flat 100 Tier Credits per qualifying stay. Total Rewards members can now also redeem Reward Credits for hotel stays at Starwood hotels. Additionally, Seven Stars members, the highest Total Rewards tier, will be upgraded to SPG Gold Status.
SPG Moments Hit the Vegas StripIn addition to the dual earn and redeem benefits, SPG and Caesars will create one-of-a-kind experiences allowing guests to experience Las Vegas and the participating Total Rewards network like a high roller. Beginning today, SPG members can use their points to redeem exclusive experiences in Vegas and beyond, including:
- Planet Hollywood Experience with premium Britney Spears show tickets and meet and greet (May 9-10, 2014) - Features a two-night stay in a Panorama Suite at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino with two Platinum tickets to see “Britney: Piece of Me” plus a meet and greet with the pop superstar.
- “Wolf Pack Weekend” (SPG member chooses date) - Gather your buddies and head to Vegas with a two-night stay at Caesars Palace in the suite guests popularly refer to the “Hangover” suite; plus VIP table for up to eight guests at PURE Nightclub, includes admission and line pass; dinner at Nobu Restaurant & Lounge; roundtrip limo transfers and much more.
- Vegas Uncork’d by Bon Appetit Weekend (May 9-11, 2014) – Features a two-night stay in an Octavius Tower deluxe room at Caesars Palace Las Vegas complemented by two tickets to the Vegas Uncork’d by Bon Appetit Grand Tasting Party with celebrity chef meet and greet (chef TBD).