Through the Fuel Your School program, $1 was contributed when consumers purchased eight or more gallons of fuel during the month of October at participating Chevron and Texaco stations, generating up to nearly $7.1 million, to help fund eligible classroom projects in local public schools in the following 16 U.S. markets:
- Alameda and Contra Costa counties, Calif.
- Sacramento County, Calif.
- Kern County, Calif.
- Orange County, Calif.
- Select cities in the South Bay* portion of Los Angeles County, Calif.
- Del Norte, Humboldt, Lake and Mendocino counties (North Coast), Calif.
- Anchorage and Matanuska-Susitna boroughs, Alaska
- Multnomah and Washington counties, Ore.
- Salt Lake and Davis counties, Utah
- Ector County, Texas
- Harris County, Texas
- Jackson County, Miss.
- St. Tammany, Orleans, Plaquemines, St Bernard, Lafourche, Terrebonne, Lafayette, Jefferson and Vermillion parishes, La.
- Clayton, DeKalb and Fulton counties, Georgia
- Miami-Dade County, Florida
Visit www.donorschoose.org/intro to hear Oprah Winfrey and Stephen Colbert tell the DonorsChoose.org story.Editor’s Note: An infographic showing the impact of the 2013 Fuel Your School program and top most requested STEM resources for classrooms is available at http://www.fuelyourschool.com/docs/Chevron_FYS_Nat.pdf. Portions of projects may have been funded through third-party donations since anyone can also independently fund classroom projects on the DonorsChoose.org website by making separate, individual donations.