- CAM has 13x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 1.31 mentions/day.
- CAM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $201.8 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CAM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CAM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CAM: Cameron International Corporation provides flow equipment products, systems, and services worldwide. CAM has a PE ratio of 19.5. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Cameron International Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Cameron International Corporation has been 3.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Cameron International has a market cap of $13.1 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.24 and a short float of 2.9% with 2.02 days to cover. Shares are down 2.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Cameron International Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CAM's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 9.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $199.60 million or 11.82% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, CAMERON INTERNATIONAL CORP's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 30.69%.
- CAMERON INTERNATIONAL CORP's earnings per share declined by 13.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CAMERON INTERNATIONAL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $3.02 versus $2.09 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.25 versus $3.02).
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.32, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 1.08 is sturdy.
- You can view the full Cameron International Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.