Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Pall Corporation ( PLL) as a "water-logged and getting wetter" (weak stocks crossing below support with today's range greater than 200%) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Pall Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- PLL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $34.0 million.
- PLL has traded 357,224 shares today.
- PLL traded in a range 201.2% of the normal price range with a price range of $2.61.
- PLL traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 45 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 45 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PLL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PLL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PLL: Pall Corporation manufactures and markets filtration, separation, and purification products and integrated systems solutions worldwide. It operates in two segments, Life Sciences and Industrial. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.3%. PLL has a PE ratio of 30.4. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Pall Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Pall Corporation has been 544,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Pall has a market cap of $9.3 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 1.37 and a short float of 3.4% with 6.38 days to cover. Shares are up 36.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Pall Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 21.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.41, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, PLL has a quick ratio of 1.96, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 120.48% to $85.90 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, PALL CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 34.93%.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, PLL's share price has jumped by 36.55%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- PALL CORP's earnings per share declined by 18.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PALL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.88 versus $2.38 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.41 versus $2.88).
- You can view the full Pall Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.