Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Host Hotels & Resorts ( HST) pushed the Real Estate industry lower today making it today's featured Real Estate laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Host Hotels & Resorts fell $0.26 (-1.4%) to $17.85 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7,284,242 shares of Host Hotels & Resorts exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,841,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $17.85-$18.14 after having opened the day at $18.09 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $18.11. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that declined today were: Supertel Hospitality ( SPPR), down 30.0%, Desarrolladora Homex SAB de CV ADR ( HXM), down 6.5%, Chatham Lodging ( CLDT), down 5.0% and Vestin Realty Mortgage II ( VRTB), down 4.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Host Hotels & Resorts Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.