Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. BP ( BP) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, BP fell $0.53 (-1.1%) to $46.17 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,261,194 shares of BP exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,463,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $45.90-$46.36 after having opened the day at $46.33 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.70. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: Samson Oil & Gas ( SSN), down 6.4%, Double Eagle Petroleum Company ( DBLE), down 6.3%, TGC Industries ( TGE), down 5.1% and Triangle Petroleum ( TPLM), down 4.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full BP Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.