Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Southwest Airlines ( LUV) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Southwest Airlines rose $0.82 (4.6%) to $18.79 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 11,431,407 shares of Southwest Airlines exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,910,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $18.21-$18.84 after having opened the day at $18.31 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.97. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: Tsakos Energy Navigation ( TNP), up 6.9%, Frontline ( FRO), up 5.0%, JetBlue Airways Corporation ( JBLU), up 4.9% and Republic Airways Holdings ( RJET), up 3.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Southwest Airlines Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.