Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Allergan ( AGN) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Allergan rose $1.18 (1.2%) to $96.83 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,968,268 shares of Allergan exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,052,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $95.47-$97.46 after having opened the day at $95.76 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $95.65. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: CytRx Corporation ( CYTR), up 52.2%, Genvec ( GNVC), up 31.0%, MediciNova ( MNOV), up 22.2% and Idera Pharmaceuticals ( IDRA), up 19.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Allergan Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.