Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. BB&T ( BBT) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, BB&T rose $0.68 (2.0%) to $35.36 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 6,580,886 shares of BB&T exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,627,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $34.63-$35.55 after having opened the day at $34.75 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.68. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: VelocityShares 3x Inverse Silver ETN S&P GS ( DSLV), up 11.3%, VelocityShares 3x Inverse Gold ETN linked t ( DGLD), up 6.4%, Sun Bancorp ( SNBC), up 6.1% and BNC Bancorp ( BNCN), up 5.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full BB&T Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.