NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The Street Ratings team has reiterated its "buy" rating on Sirius XM Radio (SIRI) with a score of B, making recent weakness of the stock a possible buying opportunity.
Shares of Sirius XM dropped 3% on Thursday to $3.39, marking a 19% decline from than its $4.18 high on Oct. 22. So far today, 40.8 million shares have changed hands, which is already close to its average daily volume of 46.5 million shares per day.
TheStreet Ratings team rates SIRIUS XM HOLDINGS INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate SIRIUS XM HOLDINGS INC (SIRI) a BUY. This is driven by a number of strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins, solid stock price performance and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $302.24 million or 37.49% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 14.02%.
- The gross profit margin for SIRIUS XM HOLDINGS INC is rather high; currently it is at 65.01%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 6.54% trails the industry average.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, SIRI's share price has jumped by 33.21%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- SIRIUS XM HOLDINGS INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SIRIUS XM HOLDINGS INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.53 versus $0.07 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 86.8% in earnings ($0.07 versus $0.53).
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: SIRI Ratings Report