- KO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $557.7 million.
- KO has traded 16,967 shares today.
- KO is trading at 1.97 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- KO crossed above its 200-day simple moving average.
'Storm the Castle' stocks are worth watching because trading stocks that begin to experience a breakout can lead to potentially massive profits. Once psychological and technical resistance barriers like the 200-day moving average are breached on higher than normal relative volume, the stock is then free to find new buyers and momentum traders who can ultimately push the stock significantly higher. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize on. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on KO: The Coca-Cola Company, a beverage company, engages in the manufacture, marketing, and sale of nonalcoholic beverages worldwide. The company primarily offers sparkling beverages and still beverages. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.8%. KO has a PE ratio of 20.6. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Coca-Cola a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Coca-Cola has been 15.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Coca-Cola has a market cap of $176.0 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. The stock has a beta of 0.26 and a short float of 1% with 2.85 days to cover. Shares are up 10.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Coca-Cola as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- COCA-COLA CO has improved earnings per share by 8.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, COCA-COLA CO increased its bottom line by earning $1.96 versus $1.85 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.09 versus $1.96).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Beverages industry and the overall market, COCA-COLA CO's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $3,756.00 million or 2.56% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, COCA-COLA CO has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -5.20%.
- The gross profit margin for COCA-COLA CO is rather high; currently it is at 64.29%. Regardless of KO's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, KO's net profit margin of 20.34% compares favorably to the industry average.
- KO, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 2.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.5%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Coca-Cola Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.