- LULU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $132.3 million.
- LULU traded 279,480 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:37 AM, representing 13.1% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LULU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LULU NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LULU: lululemon athletica inc., together with its subsidiaries, designs, manufactures, and distributes athletic apparel and accessories for women, men, and female youth. It operates in three segments: Corporate-Owned Stores, Direct To Consumer, and Other. LULU has a PE ratio of 38.0. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Lululemon Athletica a buy, 4 analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. The average volume for Lululemon Athletica has been 2.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Lululemon has a market cap of $8.1 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.31 and a short float of 15.8% with 8.72 days to cover. Shares are down 7.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Lululemon Athletica as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 7.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 21.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- LULU has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 6.16, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- LULULEMON ATHLETICA INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, LULULEMON ATHLETICA INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.85 versus $1.27 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.96 versus $1.85).
- The gross profit margin for LULULEMON ATHLETICA INC is rather high; currently it is at 57.48%. Regardless of LULU's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, LULU's net profit margin of 16.38% compares favorably to the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry and the overall market, LULULEMON ATHLETICA INC's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Lululemon Athletica Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.