Clean Energy Fuels Corp. (NASDAQ: CLNE) today announced that its customers ordered 70 percent more natural gas vehicles through the third quarter of 2013 as compared to the same period in 2012. The Company also announced select deals in the transit sector building on its continually-growing portfolio of natural gas fuel customers, and the recognition of its President and CEO Andrew J. Littlefair by the California League of Conservation Voters for his environmental leadership.
|TRANSIT:||Long Beach Public Transportation Company (LBT) Signs New Multi-Year Operation and Maintenance Agreement to Fuel with Clean Energy|
- LBT has deployed 64 compressed natural gas (CNG) buses and has the capacity to serve up to 110 buses at its CNG station.
- If LBT were to reach capacity of 110 CNG buses, this fleet could consume 1.5 million gasoline gallon equivalents (GGEs) of CNG per year.
- LBT’s CNG fleet fuels at its private CNG fueling facility which Clean Energy operates and maintains.
- Whittlesea-Bell Transportation will deploy the following CNG vehicles: 92 Transit Connect taxis, 92 Dodge Caravans, 25 large shuttle buses and 20 stretched Cadillac Escalades, which will be the first of their kind.
- These vehicles are forecasted to consume 1.3 million GGEs of CNG per year once fully deployed.
- Clean Energy’s six public-access fueling stations in Las Vegas will support this growing CNG fleet.
|Leadership:||Clean Energy CEO Andrew J. Littlefair Receives Environmental Leadership Award by California League of Conservation Voters|
- Mr. Littlefair was recognized for his work creating America’s Natural Gas Highway and Clean Energy’s successful launch of Redeem, the first commercially-available renewable natural gas fuel made from organic waste.
|A VIEW FROM THE TOP: An insider’s look on what this means for the Alternative Fuel Industry from Clean Energy’s President and CEO, Andrew J. Littlefair:|
This year, industry experts forecast that approximately 2,400 Cummins Westport 12L natural gas engines are scheduled to come off production lines and into America’s heavy-duty trucks, a figure which is projected to rise to 10,000 in 2014. In addition, ten more of our America’s Natural Gas Highway stations began fueling this year for a total of 19 now in service to support America’s truckers and we will continue to meet this growing demand in 2014 as the transition accelerates.2013 also saw promising developments in the rail and maritime industry’s use of natural gas. These new segments show tremendous promise in the coming years and we will continue to support them as they develop. As we end this year, I am tremendously proud of Clean Energy and our accomplishments in breaking new ground with the successful launch of Redeem as well as our continued leadership as North America’s largest provider of natural gas for transportation. About Clean Energy Fuels Corp. Clean Energy Fuels Corp. (Nasdaq: CLNE) is the largest provider of natural gas fuel for transportation in North America. We build and operate compressed natural gas (CNG) and liquefied natural gas (LNG) fueling stations; manufacture CNG and LNG equipment and technologies for ourselves and other companies; and develop renewable natural gas (RNG) production facilities. For more information, visit www.cleanenergyfuels.com. Forward-Looking Statements This news release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions, including statements about the amounts of natural gas fuel expected to be consumed by LBT and Whittlesea-Bell Transportation respectively. Actual results and the timing of events could differ materially from those anticipated in these forward-looking statements as a result of several factors. The forward-looking statements made herein speak only as of the date of this press release and, unless otherwise required by law, the Company undertakes no obligation to publicly update such forward-looking statements to reflect subsequent events or circumstances. Additionally, the reports and other documents the Company files with the SEC (available at www.sec.gov) contain risk factors, which may cause actual results to differ materially from the forward-looking statements contained in this news release.