Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. WellPoint ( WLP) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.7%. By the end of trading, WellPoint fell $1.79 (-2.0%) to $89.27 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,337,105 shares of WellPoint exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,319,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $89.05-$91.25 after having opened the day at $91.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $91.06. Other companies within the Health Care sector that declined today were: Mast Therapeutics ( MSTX), down 44.1%, AVANIR Pharmaceuticals ( AVNR), down 29.8%, Opko Health ( OPK), down 14.7% and Curis ( CRIS), down 11.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full WellPoint Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.