Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. State Street ( STT) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, State Street fell $0.98 (-1.4%) to $70.37 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,907,480 shares of State Street exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,449,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $70.24-$71.60 after having opened the day at $71.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $71.35. Other companies within the Financial sector that declined today were: Icahn ( IEP), down 15.2%, Direxion Daily China Bull 3X Shares ( YINN), down 11.8%, Direxion Daily Gold Miners Bull 3X Shares ( NUGT), down 10.5% and Stewardship Financial Corporation ( SSFN), down 10.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full State Street Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.