Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Chevron ( CVX) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.5%. By the end of trading, Chevron fell $1.63 (-1.3%) to $122.03 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,520,376 shares of Chevron exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,943,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $121.80-$123.89 after having opened the day at $123.82 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $123.66. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: KiOR ( KIOR), down 12.8%, Genie Energy Ltd Class B ( GNE), down 10.1%, PDC Energy ( PDCE), down 9.3% and Goodrich Petroleum ( GDP), down 7.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Chevron Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.