Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. DryShips ( DRYS) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.0%. By the end of trading, DryShips rose $0.04 (1.2%) to $3.46 on light volume. Throughout the day, 6,371,429 shares of DryShips exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 15,036,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $3.42-$3.51 after having opened the day at $3.45 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $3.42. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: Global Ship Lease ( GSL), up 11.9%, ModusLink Global Solutions ( MLNK), up 8.6%, Baltic Trading ( BALT), up 4.5% and USA Truck ( USAK), up 4.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full DryShips Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.