Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Macy's ( M) pushed the Services sector higher today making it today's featured services winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Macy's rose $0.55 (1.1%) to $52.08 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,466,875 shares of Macy's exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,149,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $51.70-$53.03 after having opened the day at $51.79 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $51.53. Other companies within the Services sector that increased today were: Global Ship Lease ( GSL), up 11.9%, Swisher Hygiene ( SWSH), up 11.6%, China Auto Logistics ( CALI), up 8.9% and WidePoint Corporation ( WYY), up 8.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Macy's Ratings Report.
- Use our services section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.